Don't bother coming to Sudbury if you want to be employed.
Jason Laro
2004-08-18 17:54:03 UTC
"For many Sudburians, finding a job remains a frustrating experience.
One woman, Louise, 22, a recent Laurentian University
bioloogy-forensic science graduate, said she has been unable to find
anything job related in the city this summer. Louise...said that she
is faced with two choices: land work in a major city such as Ottawa or
Toronto, or go back to school to get a master's degree".

-'Sudbury's job marketr showing sighns of life: But figures could be
misleanding, warn economists', Sudbury Star. Saturday August 7, 2004.
Page A1.

Sudbury is a shit fest when it comes to jobs, and I suspect the only
jobs government officals know how to encourage are found at the local
whore house.
Bun
2004-08-19 02:21:19 UTC
I remember in 1995, HRDC decided they were going to open an call centre to
answer client questions about employment insurance. It made headline news
and people were lined up just to get application packages to work there.
Some people were going as far as getting friends to get them applications
etc. Talk about desperate.

I'm glad I left and moved to Ottawa.
whore house.
Ray
2004-10-25 23:55:16 UTC
That's why I got the hell out of the area after graduating from Cambrian
College in 1994. I'm happy to say that I haven't been unemployed since
I left. I've worked as a Designer for MTO in Thunder Bay for 2 years,
and now for a Engineering consultant as a municipal technologist for the
last 5 years making good coin (including $1000+ bonus every 2-3 months),
and driving a fully paid company vehicle.

Problem with most rednecks in the Sudbury area is that they'd rather
work for minimum wage or not at all, and bitch about it instead of
getting off their ass and looking outside the "soon to be" ghost town
called the Greater City of Sudbury. Their is life beyond those rock cuts.

Don't kid yourself. In 10 years from now when INCO and Falco are down
to 500 employees, theirs nothing left.

Ray
whore house.
G M
2004-10-26 13:17:34 UTC
I disagree, the problem with most of the rednecks in Sudbury is that they
won't work for minimum wage because it isn't good enough. They would rather
sit at home and collect welfare, while working under the table to give them
a decent income.

The best part is that they will then bitch if they have to call into a
customer service line and have to speak to someone who has less than perfect
English. At least the "Immigrant" they're complaining about has a job,
probably better education, and they are contributing to society.

BTW I graduated Cambrian, found a job, in Sudbury, outside my chosen field,
and I earn very good money. Too bad I wasted all that money on tuition, but
I wouldn't trade an education for anything.

G M
whore house.
Bun
whore house.
-=[GRiM]=-
2004-11-06 15:26:43 UTC
I didn't even go to Cambrian or anything in Sudbury. I left in 98 to go to
Algonquin in Ottawa and haven't looked back. I only come back to Sudbury to
visit family.

Most of my friends that are still there work crap jobs at either McDOH or at
the Downs because of the sluts...I mean slots. It still isn't a career.

Just my 2ยข
whore house.
Sylvie & Richard Chiasson